Orange County Probate Lawyer Details Ways to Avoid California Probate
A primary goal of California estate planning is making sure your assets are designated correctly so that they pass automatically, allowing an estate to avoid probate altogether. Some common examples of assets that are not subject to California probate include:
- A life insurance policy or annuity payable to a specific beneficiary
- A joint bank account or investment account that includes right of survivorship
- Real property titled as "joint tenants with right of survivorship"
- Property owned jointly by spouses as "tenants by the entirety"
- Assets placed into a revocable living trust or an irrevocable trust
- Assets removed from an estate via lifetime gifts or qualifying trusts
- Accounts designated as "payable on death" or "transfer on death"
An attorney experienced in California wills, trusts, estate planning and asset protection can help you avoid the time and expense of probate in California through careful estate planning.
The Flanigan Law Group provides Southern California residents with personal attention for estate planning, administration and litigation legal services. When disputes between families, arise, they are very successful in resolving legal estate issues quickly and efficiently while preserving financial and emotional resources. Contact the Flanigan Law Group at 949-450-0042.