The Flanigan Law Group, A Professional Corporation
Call Our Irvine Office Today
Click Here To Call Now
Local: 949-450-0041
Toll Free: 800-732-2413

October 2016 Archives

Making an estate plan when living in two states

People in California who live part of the year in another state should consider the implications for their estate plan. Only one of their states will be their legal residence, but if they own property in both states, they should take steps to protect those assets.

Determining if a will is worth having

A will is an estate planning document that among other things allows an individual to pass assets to beneficiaries after death Those who do not have a will have their assets distributed in accordance with California intestacy law. It may also be possible to name a guardian in the will for any minor children the testator may have.

Setting up an educational trust

Some older California residents who are preparing their estate plan might consider setting up an educational trust for their grandchildren. While a 529 savings plan can fund an education as well, a trust has a few advantages over it. A trust can help ensure that the youngest family members also have access to education, and it can be set up in such a way that it finances the education of generations that follow them after the grantors have passed on.

Learn How We Can
Help You

Send Us An Email

How May We Help You?Send Us An Email

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

15615 Alton Parkway
Suite 450
Irvine, CA 92618

Toll Free: 800-732-2413
Fax: 949-271-6346
Map & Directions

Review Us